The OnRoute App’s Blog provides a platform to inspire travel, sharing and exploring amongst those that have an urge, or a will, or are currently travelling. In your guest post, we link to the website and social networks of the author so that our readers can easily find and follow your blog, helping to grow your following and connecting you with our audience. Your travel story will inspire all those who come after you to be inspired, connected, full of life & spirit and undeniably genuine!
We Welcome you to complete the submission form below to share your travel story with us today!
Please note this submission form is for avid travel writers from our community to submit travel articles. If you are a brand or destination and are interested in getting exposure on our blog or social media please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss packages.
STORY SUBMISSION GUIDELINES | PLEASE READ
The OnRoute App is a avid travelers community and blog. All the content on the blog is written by the OnRoute team and our travel contributors from the community. The purpose of the blog is to give adventurers a place to share their travel stories, share their travel tips and inspire other avid travellers. As such we do not charge contributors to be featured on our blog (and social media). We do charge a fee for brand or destination promotions and link adds into existing articles. If you represent a brand or are submitting an article specifically promoting a brand, destination, hotel or tour company that you are affiliated with please email email@example.com to discuss pricing before submitting your content. Please note we currently do not accept any unpaid promotion or collaboration requests.
Follow All Below Guidelines Before Submitting:
- Do not submit duplicate content. Please submit new, original content or a story from your blog that you have completely re-written for The OnRotue App. We do not publish duplicate content as duplicate content affects both our site and your site (and / or the other site it is published on) negatively in Google rankings. If your story is published and you subsequently publish the same article on your blog or elsewhere, we will remove the article and we will not be able to publish from you again in the future if you knowingly published the same content in multiple places. Please take a few minutes to read our Story Submission Guidelines Page
- Your article should be at least 1,500 words and our preference is for articles to be 2,000 – 3,000.
- Please keep your paragraphs between 3-6 sentences. Short paragraphs hold a reader’s attention better.
- Please keep your article between 8 – 15 paragraphs.
- Please include relevant titles written in capital letters (Use the Paragraph drop down on the text editor and select Heading 3 for your headings)
- Please include relevant links for restaurants, hotels and tourist attractions in your post. Use the icon that looks like a paperclip on the text editor below to add your links. We will not consider your story for publication if you do not include links.
- Please include sections about your preferred places to stay and eat in the area that you are writing about (if relevant). Our readers are interested in your recommendations for the best hotels, hostels and accomodations.
- Please check spelling/grammar before you submit.
- We do not publish hotel reviews written by anyone other than The OnRoute App Founders or Ambassadors so please do not submit dedicated hotel reviews.
In order to feature authentic stories The OnRoute App limits the amount of editing on story submissions. However, we do reserve the right to make edits to your article to improve structure, language, grammar, SEO, required links, additional useful information and images if your images are not the required quality for our site. We also reserve the right to include at our discretion affiliate links within the article and in the conclusion section at the end of the article.
- By submitting your article and photos you are not considered an employee of The OnRoute App and should not represent yourself as such. You retain all rights to your media.
- The OnRoute App does not pay for contributor posts.
- We reserve the right to make edits to your article and / or to remove your article from our site at a future date should we see a reason to do so without notification.
- The OnRoute App will not publish dedicated reviews for a brand, destination or hotel that you have secured a collaboration with. If you are a brand, destination or hotel, please email us to discuss our charges for promotions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brands / Hotels / Destinations – please note you will only ever be approached by the founder Stephanie Khalal or other team members Victoria Slyderink – if you are contacted by anyone else please inform us by emailing email@example.com
Have questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
PHOTO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES | PLEASE READ
- Please submit 1-3 photographs per paragraph and 1 additional featured image. Horizontal images are preferred. (Minimum of 6 images)
- Please include at least one high resolution photo that has you in it, in the style of The OnRoute App Instagram page. Please note we do not guarantee a feature on Instagram, but we will consider this based on the images provided.
- Please edit your images before submitting. For example to straighten them.
- The OnRoute App might use an alternate featured image and / or source images for your article if the images provided are not the quality we require.
- Please submit photos that are in JPEG format between 250KB-500KB. How To Resize Your Pictures and Resize Tool
- Please title your photos in this format: name-of-the-photo.jpg How To Re-Name Your Pictures, If your story is about Amsterdam, for example, every photo should have Amsterdam in the title i.e. the-anne-frank-house-amsterdam.jpg.
- Please only submit photos you own the rights to.
- The red X appearing next to your uploaded photo means it loaded correctly and you can click it to delete the photo.
- If your photos are uploading slowing it is probably due to a poor internet connection, so try again when you have better WiFi.
- Please note that we do not publish duplicate content / articles that have been published on another website. If you want us to consider your article for publishing, please ensure the article is uniquely written for our site. If you have had a similar (but not the same) article published on your own blog or another website please include a link so that we can review it. (Duplicate content negatively impacts both sites that feature the article)